About Me

My photo
Hi and Welcome!! First and most important I am a mother to 3 very inspriring (and quite energized) children who remind me each and every day about the beauty that surrounds us all...and they keep me on my toes! When I'm not working at "the day job" I try to fit in some learning and growing time to practice both nature and portrait photography. Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved art of many mediums. My ultimate goal would be to move solely into a day filled by using my creativity - whether that be painting, nature photography or custom portrait photography. Hope you'll follow along!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Macro Fun / Project 52 ~ Week 16

  Hello, again!  I'm so thrilled to be posting another week so soon ... it means I'm that much closer to getting back on track with weekly posts.
  Week 16 was photographed in Saxapahaw, NC (a most gorgeous rural area).  I was out of town to attend a great portrait photography workshop.  I was presented with an opportunity to test out another photographer's macro lens...and was beyond excited!  I arrived before the class began on that Saturday, just to get a chance to try the lens on a few wild flowers around the parking area.  I fell in love instantly!  I have always adored nature photography and magnifying those tiny wildflowers was like magic.   I cannot wait to purchase my first macro lens, I'm currently researching which one will be the "best" one for my cameras (more to come on choosing the right lenses in future posts).

  I chose the image below for Week 16:
"Macro Yellow n.1" / Project 52 - Week 16
{Captured:  ISO 320, 1/1000, F3.5}


  
  It's really amazing that this small flower was only the size of my thumbnail.  I was able to magnify the otherwise missed small details of the petite bloom...and it was one of my favorite flower colors, yellow!
  Just a few more weeks to review and post...can't wait to share the recent ocean images!!

Have a wonderful Monday :)
-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment