About Me

My photo
Hi and Welcome!! First and most important I am a mother to 3 very inspriring (and quite energized) children who remind me each and every day about the beauty that surrounds us all...and they keep me on my toes! When I'm not working at "the day job" I try to fit in some learning and growing time to practice both nature and portrait photography. Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved art of many mediums. My ultimate goal would be to move solely into a day filled by using my creativity - whether that be painting, nature photography or custom portrait photography. Hope you'll follow along!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rainy Days / Project 52 - Week 6

  After a long week stuck inside, I was hoping for some outside time and some warm sunshine this weekend.  But instead, I was greeted with dreary storm clouds, rain and much colder temps that dropped steadily yesterday.  Staying inside was the best {and warmest} option!

  This week's photograph really reflects my "stormy" and "cloudy" mood.  I worked indoors to capture this small and fierce bloom with natural light during yesterday's storms.
Project 52 / Week 6:  "Sunny Inside n.4"
{Captured:  ISO 200 - F1.6 - 1/60}
  I loved this final image for a few reasons:
   *This bloom is different - almost like fireworks exploding - each petal seemed to have a different shape and shade.
   *Using a rich black and white was the best choice - this allowed the different shaded petals to be showcased and gave some depth to the small shadow.
   *The minimal empty space.  I sometimes like to offset my main focal points.  Normally I leave an equal empty space for balance.  When I reviewed the image, I decided that this flower was bursting with originality and leaving a smaller empty space really showcased it's features.

  Do you ever struggle with weather limitations or notice that weather affects your art's output and mood?

Because I won't be posting until next weekend - I wanted to wish everyone a very




Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment