About Me

My photo
Hi and Welcome!! First and most important I am a mother to 3 very inspriring (and quite energized) children who remind me each and every day about the beauty that surrounds us all...and they keep me on my toes! When I'm not working at "the day job" I try to fit in some learning and growing time to practice both nature and portrait photography. Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved art of many mediums. My ultimate goal would be to move solely into a day filled by using my creativity - whether that be painting, nature photography or custom portrait photography. Hope you'll follow along!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Garden Days / Project 52 - Week 11

  Good Afternoon!!
  There's been a change in recent weather this week.  Instead of rainy, windy and chilly days...there's been sunshine and warm weather!  We've been spending lots of time tidying up the yard.  It's been a chore, but has been so nice at the same time.  Our gardens are beginning to show lots of new growth and even some blooms!
  Yesterday, my youngest and I were continuing to clean-up our back garden.  {insert a LOUD shriek!}  She was so surprised to find a small friend...and we chased him for quite some time {so we could see him hop, of course}.  This week's image is a memory of this fun discovery:
"In The Garden n.3" / Project 52 - Week 11
{Captured:  50mm - ISO 100 - F3.5 - 1/1000}
  I wanted to make sure that the subject was very detailed, so I set my aperture at 3.5 and a faster shutter speed since there was frequent movement.  The light pastels of the pebbles, provided a nice contrast to the dark and rich browns.  My favorite part, was the "frown".
  It's a bit different for me to move from landscape and flower shots, but we sure had fun chasing this little guy around the garden!

Hope everyone has an amazing week!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment