About Me

My photo
Hi and Welcome!! First and most important I am a mother to 3 very inspriring (and quite energized) children who remind me each and every day about the beauty that surrounds us all...and they keep me on my toes! When I'm not working at "the day job" I try to fit in some learning and growing time to practice both nature and portrait photography. Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved art of many mediums. My ultimate goal would be to move solely into a day filled by using my creativity - whether that be painting, nature photography or custom portrait photography. Hope you'll follow along!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Going Home / Project 52 ~ Week 15

  Hello.  It's been awhile!! I've got lots of weeks to catch-up...and hopefully can get back on-track this week {fingers crossed}.

  During Week 15, I traveled back home to St. Louis with my little ones.  We enjoyed a much overdue visit with our families.  We planned activities for each day, including the zoo, butterfly house, Botanical Gardens and a few more.  Going home provided a much needed change of pace and a fresh perspective that was very necessary.  I believe it's very important to kick-start your creativity each year with a new environment and/or new scenes.

  I chose the image below for Week 15:
"Tropical Orange n.1"
{Captured:  50mm, ISO 400, 1/500, F3.2}

  This image contains some of my favorite colors, combined: oranges, yellows and pinks!  We were indoors in a tropical plant exhibit at the Missouri Botanical Gardens {enjoying some warmth on a cool spring morning}.  This bloom seemed to 'scream' compared to the lush greens in the other displays.  I photographed a few more plants and blooms in this area, but this one was by far one of my favorites.

  All images from the trip have been added in the "Coming Soon" folder on the Facebook page, stop by if you get a chance.

  [Hopefully] coming soon...weeks 16, 17, 18 and more!  Have a lovely week!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment