About Me

My photo
Hi and Welcome!! First and most important I am a mother to 3 very inspriring (and quite energized) children who remind me each and every day about the beauty that surrounds us all...and they keep me on my toes! When I'm not working at "the day job" I try to fit in some learning and growing time to practice both nature and portrait photography. Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved art of many mediums. My ultimate goal would be to move solely into a day filled by using my creativity - whether that be painting, nature photography or custom portrait photography. Hope you'll follow along!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, Coming Soon, Matting, Gallery blocks...and more!

It's been a bit since my last post, so much has been going on these days. 

First, I'm happy to announce that I have received my matting kits and will be posting the option in the store this weekend.  The mats are simply divine.  Double white and nice thickness to make a great addition on any print order in my shop...this means the 8x10 photographs can now be received ready-to-frame!!

Second, I've been busy busy busy working on some new layers and finished photos containing a magnificent morning dew and some wonderful hydrangea blooms!
"Endless Circles"

"Dreams In Blue"

"Hope"












These are just a small sampling to some new prints coming soon!

Third, I have been searching and researching some new gallery print options.  I just received a sample order I placed earlier this month.  I used a personal photo of my children from a summer trip at the beach.  The photo was printed on block wood, with black sides and coated with lustre scratch resistant coating.  It is phenomenal, I have to order a few more samples, but will definitely be offering these types of gallery displays in the future. They look fabulous displayed in any room!!

On a sidenote, I'm super excited about some upcoming trips in the next 6 months.  We're heading back to St. Louis to visit with my family over the holidays and I cannot wait!  There is wonderful architecture and history around every corner and hopefully lots of beautiful snow - the camera will definitely be in tow :)  I'm also planning a trip to DC in the spring of 2011 to visit with my sister and to photograph the Cherry Blossom Festival.   If all goes well this month, we may even be able to sneak a trip up to Asheville, NC! I would love to see some snow in the mountains..fingers crossed...

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful!  We had a lovely time visiting with family and enjoying the mild weather outdoors - we even managed a pre-meal hike through the woods, which will be memorable for all of us :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi J, I am a member of POE too! Love your photos. I am a big fan of Jessica's "photo of the week" too! :)

    Following :) T.

    ReplyDelete